Thursday, January 16, 2025

Farming Videos - Tips and Advice for Beginning Farmers

  The straightest rows in the world. How do farmers make straight rows, here is how it is done!





I was told at 12 years old, "farming is a great existance, but that is all it is or ever will be. You'll never get rich but you'll enjoy every day regardless of the pain and strife."
15
The music and the old man's voice is making me emotional...when he said "it's the closest thing to God" he just touched my heart.... I needed to hear that! The struggles,the uncertainties,the emotions...it really has to be something that you love!
207
ISNT THE MUSIC FROM THE GAME RISE?
Ive lived in new orleans my whole life. Never even been on a farm. Last few years ive wanted to start my own farm just to grow my own crops and cattle not even to sell. The way this country has changed and the stuff they put in our food will actually kill. This has made me want to grow my own food and be more in touch with nature.
9
At age 63, I bought a five-acre piece of land that was an abandoned farmstead that hadn't been plowed in over 65 years. This year will be the first summer that I will be re-establishing this farm. I am the first person in three generations to operate a farm in my family. My only regret is that I haven't done this sooner in my life.
25
I wanted to farm when I was young but dad lost the farm in the early 1980's. Now I've got a 1 acre garden on my daughters place, growing lots of vegetables, especially dry beans. I can get evangelical about beans 'cause they're great sources of protein and fiber and they improve the soil! I am in heaven!
115
My daddy was a great farmer. He had 10 kids to help plant and reap the crops. No machinery to help. Hard work never hurt anyone. We need more of them.
112
I farmed for years, followed my dad when was young and was the only thing I really ever wanted to do since I can remember. I had to quit because of physical and financial reasons in 1995. I can tell you I've missed every single day since. I'm 68 now not in good physical shape but would give anything to go back and start over
20
I have such deep love and respect for farmers now. God opened my eyes to see more His heart for them and what they are doing. And this old man just fits right into that.
30
I often come back to this video for inspiration. This quiet tenacity, dedication, love and most importantly God is what so many have gotten off track from, as he suggests. This video sums up how to be happy and successful in life in every way imaginable. You just have to imagine. I would suggest anyone, whom may be going thru trying times, don’t know what direction to turn, or what to do, I urge you to revisit this video and apply its principles. You will most certainly be as successful as you desire. Remember, slow motion is better than no motion.
Full time job on the side and retirement plan and cow calf on side I seen many people do it that way. I did that way 40 acres for 18 yrs no debt for 2 yrs bachelor helps bought land for 8.8 interest went down some then went back up paid off everyday think about it if you so desire. Hard to find land to rent
What is the most important equipment I need to buy for my farm please
:) Had a friend, started a farm on 2 acres. Lived happily ever after. He said 'I started believing in God since I live off the land.'
10
Wow...I started tearing up when you said "Closest thing to G_d." Wow. 30 year old, noob Farmer here. Just moved out of Orlando City, Florida up to Zanesville, Ohio on a huge property. Ready to create my own life. I am so inspired. Grow, grow, grow!
35
Close to God . That's what I want to be.
92
0:56 "You are here as close to god as you can ossibly be,because this is where life starts."
5
I am 44 now and I always had deep respect for farmers. And I rarely watch movies or TV ( reality shows and documentary ) . Lot of people watch fictions and push themselves away from reality only to end up with stress and psychological problems. In fact, I am looking for a small piece of land to fulfil my dream of becoming 80 percent self sufficient.
1
Good stuff. The only thing I would add is that there are no days off...
21
We are 5 generations of farmers / livestock people here in Eastern Wa. That's Kallstrom Sweet Corn
2
I have quite a story or our family farm but the long and short of it is it’s getting extremely hard for the small family farm to exist. It just isn’t your world any longer. This is dangerous for humanity I’ve made a decision to return to simplistic healthy living for what is under my control. We rent the land out now however I have sown my share of seeds and harvested many many bushels commercially. I’ve done it , lived it,so did my grandfather whom had the largest impression on me. I was lucky enough to be here and be able to do it.






No comments:

Post a Comment