To see more about hempcrete's FIRE RESISTANCE, click here:
http://justiceforhemp.blogspot.com/2025/01/hempcretes-fire-resistance.html
When I was in carpentry school, trying to decide which field to go into, I thought about working for a company that did spray foam insulation. I love the idea of being able to seal up a home in a way that can make it more energy efficient, and help people to reduce their electricity costs.
But I had no idea what a nightmare spray foam can turn out to be, if it's not done right. CLICK HERE to see some videos that show you why I think it's far better to use a natural alternative like Hempcrete, which doesn't give off dangerous VOCs or create mold, like spray foam. Also, keep in mind that spray foam is extremely FLAMMABLE! Have a look at the video called Testing The Burn Ability Of Insulation In Wall on THIS PAGE.
I was surprised to learn that Hempcrete is an amazing insulator! But I want to make sure to point out, there is a BIG difference between using hemp batting for insulation, vs. using hempcrete or hempcrete panels or blocks, which are made with lime, which makes them fireproof. Please make sure you know the difference. Hemp batting alone is NOT fireproof!
If I was building a home, I would probably not use hemp batting, because although it is somewhat fireproof, it's not NEARLY as fire resistant as hempcrete or hemp panels made from hemp and lime. Hempcrete blocks are fireproof, but NOT straight up Hemp batting, Make sure you know there is a big difference!
Joe Rogan has been shouting the praises of hemp (and it's incredible potential as a building materisl) for a long time. This video explains why hemp is so great for insulation.
The Surprising Versatility of Hemp #facts #history #joeroganexperience
This is my favorite video that shows hempcrete's ability to keep a house warm in the winter. This couple's walls are highly insulative partly because the walls are 30cm thick. The whole wall is insulation. In this video, you can hear them talking about how it's 4 degrees centigrade outside (about 40 degrees Farenheit), and 21 degrees Centigrade inside (about 70 degrees Fahrenheit!). They don't have to use heating!
Young couple self-builds hempcrete home with innovative compost toilet
Carbon Negative & Non Toxic Hemp Insulation - Part 1 of 4
Looking for the rest of the series?
Part 1:
• Carbon Negative & Non Toxic Hemp Insu...
Part 2:
• Carbon Negative & Non Toxic Hemp Insu...
Part 3:
• Carbon Negative & Non Toxic Hemp Insu...
Part 4:
• Carbon Negative & Non Toxic Hemp Insu...
Hemp Fiber Insulation For Non-Toxic Walls (Hempcrete, Hemp Shiv Options)
Hempcrete and foamed glass floor build up
/p>
Building with Hemp – An Incredible Natural Insulation & Sustainable Material
Hemp Insulation: Pros, Cons, and Cost
Major Lenders Reject Homes with Spray Foam Insulation - WHAT HAPPENED?
Please note that in the video below, NO lime binder was used in the fire test. Lime is essential for making the hempcrete FIREPROOF, so it's not too surprising that the material burned. But I do appreciate this woman's test. She has some great videos!
Hemp wool vs Sheep wool insulation | Everything you need to know
Create Biochar From Hemp Stalks! - OrganiLock
Hempitecture makes insulation out of industrial hemp
Hemp/clay spray and cork roof insulation update
Insulating Old Attics, Double Walls, Air Barriers, and More! | Q&A #3
Insulation, Spray Foam Problems, Long-Term Durability, and More! | Q&A #2
Do Smart Vapor Barriers Really Work? Vapor Permeable vs Impermeable, ZIP System, and More! | Q&A #1
10 good reasons to use HempBLOCK. A customer story
• Carbon Negative & Non Toxic Hemp Insu...
Part 2:
• Carbon Negative & Non Toxic Hemp Insu...
Part 3:
• Carbon Negative & Non Toxic Hemp Insu...
Part 4:
• Carbon Negative & Non Toxic Hemp Insu...
No comments:
Post a Comment